Saturday, February 28, 2009

"This one goes out to the one I love." -R.E.M.

I get my hopes up for a lot of things.

And very often it involves a romantic relationship. I hope and pray for that special connection to transpire...for the cosmic tumblers to fall into place, the heavens to open, the sun to shine down...and then we run to each other, knowing full well that we were meant to be together, nay, destined...that our meeting was set in motion long ago by the divine will...our lives made complete by one-another...a love for the ages...the stuff of poetry.

I am of course referring to the bond between myself and Chipotle.

Yet again, my dreams have left me empty. My heart yearns to be with her. But the powers that be decided not to construct a welcoming establishment to join us in holy union; rather, they built a freaking Hardees!

All I want is a chicken-fajita burrito with mild tomatillo sauce accompanied by an order of finely-salted chips and fresh guacamole. If you can build 5 Starbuck's within 15 minutes of my house then there is obviously an equal or greater need in this community for an exquisite mexican eatery like the one I love. I beg you, make room! Find a place for her. Oh greater Henry County, amongst all your fine dining and houses of cuisine, can you not spare an acre to fulfill my wish?

Why not get rid of one of those Chick-Fil-A Dwarf Houses or one of the 30 Waffle Houses within this 5 mile radius? Why must true love wait so long?! I will come for you Chipotle. I am preparing a place for you...in my stomach.

3 comments:

marion said...

I ate Chipotle today. Furthermore, I can see it from my apartment. I would feel bad for admitting this, since you so clearly are pining for it, but I don't. And that's because I haven't slept this week, and I’ve been typing about textual variants for four hours. This is no excuse. I'm sorry. I would send you a burrito, ignoring your creepy love references that I find more than slightly disconcerting, not too mention a little offensive since there isn’t a me in Georgia, about which you should be more sad, but it wouldn't hold up in the mail, and neither would I. We both know that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Craig. I apologize that we Georgians love our Starbucks and tasty Chik-fil-a sandwiches. No, that's not true, I'm not sorry. :-)I also agree that the love you have for this fine eatery is a tad, well, odd. But, to bring you two lovebirds back together, maybe we should plan a Chipotle day.

Micah said...

Craig, I totally get where you're coming from on this one! Here in Louisville, we have no Chipotle's - none, nadda, zip, zero! It is horrible! The closest one is in Indianapolis, and in my nine months here, I have had a total of three Chipotle burritos, one in Indy, one in Atlanta, and one in KC at Christmas time. . . I long for the day when Chipotle will just be minutes away instead of months . . . Haha, good luck my friend!